If you’re expecting a baby, congratulations! The birth of your baby can be one of the most exciting
Helpful Tips When Expecting a Baby
Being who we are (NZ’s most helpful soft toymakers),you can rely on us to put you on the right track when preparing for a new arrival.
- Write a birth plan: Do you want a water bath, home or hospital birth? What kind of pain relief do you want? Where do you want the baby placed after the birth? Who will cut the cord? Is there a particular piece of music you would like while you’re in labour?
- Pack a hospital bag: That way you are ready to go! Things to include; night ware for you, outfit for the baby, toiletries, nappies etc. And don’t forget the car capsule!
- Set a budget: How much you can spend on everything for the baby, including baby formula, nappies, baby wash/shampoo etc.
- Talk to your partner: What their role is both in labour, as well as after the birth, including helping you out with household chores.
- Ask for Advice and Tips: Get tips from your mum, friends with children, family members such as sisters, or cousins. Every little bit of advice can be helpful.
- Check that the car seat: Is the car seat installed in your car properly, the car has plenty of petrol, and has no mechanical problems for the big day and the following months.
- Your Contacts List: Have all your contacts on your phone especially your midwife and your family members.
- Organise maternity leave: Confirm with your employer well in advance.
- Adding a sibling? If this is not your first child, make sure you spend all the time you can with your older children. Talk to them about the baby, how everyone’s life will change, and what they can do to help.
- Arrange for extra help: Additional help, such as a babysitter or family member to look after your current children, paying someone to clean, or do other jobs around the house will help in those first few weeks.
- Washing: Wash your baby’s clothes and bedding.
- Stock up: Cook plenty of food and then freeze it, for the days after the birth, so you don’t have to stress.
- The Shopping List: Buy baby clothes, maternity wear for you, cot, pram, car seat, change table or mat. You don’t want to wait to the last minute for these things
. Infact, we know the best place to start shopping when expecting a baby: at Cute Cuddles!
Great advance planning ensures you will be well prepared when your little bundle of joy makes an appearance. Good luck!
Share your journey with us below and on our Facebook Page.